Revised October 2018
Thank you for choosing Griffin Owens Insurance Group. We value you as a client, respect your privacy and work hard to protect your personal information.
This statement is provided on behalf of Griffin Owens Insurance Group and its affiliates. It explains how we collect, use and share the information we obtain about you while doing business. It also describes the choices available to you regarding the use of, access to, and updating your personal information.
- We do not sell your personal or medical information to anyone.
- We do not share your information with non-affiliated companies that would use it to contact you about their products and services.
- We require persons or organizations that represent or assist us in servicing your policies and claims to keep your information confidential.
- We require our employees to protect your personal information and keep it confidential.
Protecting your personal information is important to us. In addition to the practices described above, we use a variety of physical, technical and administrative security measures that help to safeguard your information.
What Personal Information Do We Have and Where Do We Get it?
During regular business activities, we gather personal information from you and outside sources for business purposes, including carrying out the purchase of the requested product or service, responding to customer service requests, administering your account, and sending you newsletters or other service related correspondence.
Some examples of the information we collect from you may include your name, phone number, home and work e-mail addresses, driver’s license number, date of birth, social security number, marital status, family member information, payment information, and healthcare information.
We also maintain records that include, but are not limited to, policy coverages, premiums, and payment history. We also collect information from outside sources that may include, but is not limited to, your driving record, claims history, property values, employment information, medical and or credit information.
We may also collect third-party information from you to carry out the necessary services and or requests. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
- Develop new services
- Evaluate our marketing campaigns
- Know how many visitors have seen or clicked on our ads
- Analyze how customers use our website and applications
Why do we collect personal information?
When you first became a client, or whenever you acquire or renew a product from us, we need to collect some of your personal information. Common purposes for which we collect your personal information are to:
- Enable us to acquire or renew an insurance policy for you
- Assist you and assess your ongoing needs for insurance
- Assess your need for other products, such as financial products, and to offer them to you
- Ensure your information is accurate and up-to-date
- Monitor our marketing and promotional efforts and improve our content and service offerings, and better tailor them to meet your needs
- Protect against error or fraud
Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our website, new services, and special offers we think you will find valuable. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by emailing us at the link provided in the newsletter or email.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
For many of the purposes identified above, we will need to share your personal information with others to serve your needs. These other parties commonly include, but are not limited to:
- Handling a claim
- Preventing fraud
- Other insurance brokers, agents or companies to assist with a claim
- Companies who perform services such as credit/debit card processing
- Credit organizations
- Professionals working with us such as adjusters or lawyers
- Financial institutions; For example, the organization that carries your mortgage
- Fulfill a transaction you requested or service on your policy
- Comply with requests from regulatory and law enforcement authorities. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
How we protect your personal information?
To protect your personal information and right to privacy, we will:
- Keep your personal information only for as long as we need it to fulfill the stated purpose or as required by law
- Maintain your personal information in as accurate, complete and up-to-date a form as possible
- Safeguard your personal information to the best of our ability
- Respond to any request you may make to access or correct the personal information we hold about you
How long do we keep your information?
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Griffin Owens Insurance Group, and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed, and for a reasonable time, in our opinion, thereafter.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of Griffin Owens Insurance Group’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by Griffin Owens Insurance Group within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting Griffin Owens Insurance Group.
Griffin Owens Insurance Group may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, Griffin Owens Insurance Group may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon the order of an authority.
The Internet and Your Information Security:
Our websites for example, griffinowens.com and griffinowensfinancial.com, provides information about our firm, our products and services, as well as the insurance companies we represent.
Cookies allow us to provide you with a more customized service and are used to track and measure website usage. This information may be used to manage and customize our website’s content, layout, and services to improve our site, enhance customer service, and provide tailored messages.
You may opt out of accepting cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, rejecting cookies may prevent you from using certain functions, and you may have to enter information to take advantage of services or promotions repeatedly.
We may also use customer information to send you promotional communications about products, features, and options that we believe may be of interest to you. If we have your e-mail address, we may do this by e-mail. If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, please contact us.
How Can You Review and Correct Your Personal Information?
You can request to review your personal information contained in our records at any time. To do this, please contact one of our advisers and ask to review your information. If you believe that our information is incomplete or inaccurate, please request that we correct it.
Who Should Use Our Web Site?
Our website is for insurance and financial products and services and is not intended for children. We do not market any products or services to children under the age of thirteen or knowingly collect any information from children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that information is or has been submitted by or collected from a child under the age of thirteen, we will delete this information within a reasonable timeframe.
What Security Procedures do we use to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration, or theft of information to our site?
To help ensure the security of your personal and financial information that you submit to this site, (other than via an e-mail message), we use security software to encrypt all sensitive personal information before and during its transmission through the Internet.
We only allow information to be submitted for transmission if your browser is compatible with our security software. If your browser is not compatible, you will receive a message indicating your transaction can be completed but at a lower level of security. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute information security.
E-mail messages are not secure. Our security software does not encrypt e-mail messages. E-mail messages traveling through the Internet are subject to viewing, alteration, and copying by potentially anyone on the Internet.
You should exercise discretion concerning the submission of any personal or financial information via e-mail. If you are concerned about the security of your communication, we encourage you to send your correspondence through the postal service or use the telephone to speak directly to us. We are not responsible for the security or confidentiality of communications you send to us through the Internet using e-mail messages.
Whose Privacy Statement Applies to Links and External Sites?
Griffin Owens Insurance Group provides links to other sites as a convenience to persons who visit our website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy policies of every website that you visit, as the privacy policies of those sites may differ from ours. Our Privacy Statement applies solely to our websites.
We hope you have found this Important Notice helpful. If you are not comfortable with any of the terms or policies described in this Privacy Statement, we ask that you discontinue use of our site.
We Appreciate Your Business and thank you for choosing Griffin Owens Insurance Group. We understand your concerns about privacy and confidentiality and hope this notice has been helpful to you. We value our relationship with you and look forward to working with you in the future.
If you have questions or would like more information, please don’t hesitate to call our corporate office at 703-471-0050 or write to the address below:
Griffin Owens Insurance Group
847 Station Street
Herndon, VA 20170
We reserve the right to change our Privacy practices, procedures, and terms at any time, for any reason in our sole discretion.